Two Legates to receive LA Cardinal’s Award
Lund, Condon to receive special award from Los Angeles’ Cardinal Roger Mahony . . .
LOS ANGELES — Two Legatus members were among five members of the Los Angeles Catholic community to receive the 2011 Cardinal’s Award. Tom Condon and Kathie Lund, both members of Legatus’ Pasadena Chapter, were among the honorees with extensive and distinguished records of service in the archdiocese. The 2011 recipients were named a Sept. 29 luncheon at Guardian Angel Church in Pacoima, the beneficiary of the 2011 event.
The recipients are:
– Condon, parishioner at Holy Family Church, South Pasadena, longtime supporter of Catholic education, and active in Legatus and the Orders of Malta and St. Gregory.
– Lund, parishioner at Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary Church, Pasadena, and active in numerous respect life organizations and promotion of the Los Angeles Catholic Prayer Breakfast.
– Javier Guierena, parishioner at Visitation Church, Westchester, and active in support of St. Anne’s Maternity Home, QueensCare and Loyola Marymount University.
– Patty Paumier, parishioner at Santa Clara Church, Oxnard, and active for many years with St. John’s Regional Medical Center in Oxnard and Camarillo, plus parish and civic organizations.
– Tom Von Der Ahe, parishioner at St. Charles Borromeo Church, North Hollywood, supporter of parish and diocesan projects, a Loyola Marymount University regent and a Knight of St. Gregory.
The 22nd annual Cardinal’s Awards Dinner will be held next Feb. 12 at the Grand Ballroom at Hollywood and Highland in Hollywood. The beneficiary parish, Guardian Angel, is seeking to build a larger worship space on a larger parcel of land it has purchased in the northeast San Fernando Valley to accommodate its large number of parishioners.
The 2011 honorees bring to 109 the number of men and women honored with the award. Since 1990, more than $7 million has been raised to support schools, parishes, charities or relief efforts in all pastoral regions of the archdiocese.
For information and reservations on the 2011 Cardinal’s Award Dinner, call Judy Brooks in the Office of Special Services, (213) 637-7636, or visit cardinalsawardsdinner.org.
This article originally appeared in The Tidings. Click here for original article.